I decided to make a battery for my boat based on the Chevrolet Bolt module (not to be confused with the Chevrolet Volt). The modules in the car’s battery look like this:
- Battery Module consisting of 30 LG cells, the average voltage of each cell is 3.6V and the capacity is 60Ah.
- BMS - battery management system. An important component that is responsible for the safe operation of the battery, controlling the charge level on each cell and disconnecting the load or charge, if necessary.
- Contactor (relay) with which the load connected or disconnected. The contactor is controlled by BMS.
Installing battery components in the case
- The total battery weight is approximately 39 kg.
- BMS is tuned to extend the life of lithium cells.
- Available energy for operation is 5.5 kWh of the total 6.5 kWh.
- The voltage of a fully charged battery is 41.5V, and fully discharged at which the BMS disconnects the load - 31V.
- Battery dimensions - 540x480x125 mm
- Cell Chemistry - LiNiMnCoO2
View from the contact side